~’Eyeliner Art’ mask~ Antipodean Beauties Challenge

547136_10151807858756410_1546024019_n

When I saw the ‘eyeliner art’ challenge I didn’t know what I wanted to do so I  decided to start by applying some Sugarpill Tiara loose pigment to my lids. I then picked up some black gel liner to line my eyes and, before I knew it, this just kind of happened:

DSC_2185

I then picked up some glitter liners and a bright blue liner and ended up with this:

DSC_2199

I used the Rimmel Waterproof Gel Liner in Black to do all the line work and outlined the whole ‘mask’ with the Bloom Glitter Liner in Rising Star. The photograph doesn’t show how pretty this is but it’s a mix of black, silver, gold and bronze glitter. I coloured in parts of the ‘mask’ using the Modelista glitter liner in Silver, Modelista glitter liner in Gold and NYX Studio Liner in Extreme Blue. I don’t even remember where/when I bought the Modelista liners but they’re great for these kind of costume style looks.

DSC_2225

I’m not the most creative or artistic person (even though I really wish I was!) but this look was so fun to do. I can see it being part of a costume party makeup or for a masquerade ball type event. I paired the look with dark lips with the Kate Moss for Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in shade #4 on top of a black lip liner by NYX.

DSC_2206

DSC_2207

I have to say, the hardest thing about this look was cleaning it off at the end! Imagine panda eyes multiplied so that it’s over your whole face. I went in with face wipes and then used a cleansing balm and then went in with the Clarisonic. The glitter was quite gritty though so I had to wipe it off carefully to avoid scratching my face.

What do you think of my ‘eye liner art’? Have you done something like this before for a party or an event?

Categories: Antipodean Challenge, halloween

8 Comments on “~’Eyeliner Art’ mask~ Antipodean Beauties Challenge”

1. January 18, 2014 at 11:43 PM #

You are definitely artistic and creative! this look really shows that!!! love it!! xx

• January 19, 2014 at 8:46 PM #

Aww thanks Sam! One of my makeup resolutions this year is to be more adventurous with my makeup so I hope to do more stuff like this.

2. January 19, 2014 at 12:09 AM #

This is stunning, you’ve done a great job. ♥

• January 19, 2014 at 8:44 PM #

Thanks Nalini 🙂

3. January 19, 2014 at 5:51 AM #

That looks amazing! Wow. Eyegasm. The lip color matches perfectly too :DD

• January 19, 2014 at 8:40 PM #

Thanks Olivia! I’ve realised I tend to stick with very similar eye looks (even if I change up the colours) so want to try doing more dramatic looks instead.

4. January 19, 2014 at 10:52 PM #

This is such a stunning look, but all I could think of when I took a good look was “that must’ve been MURDER to get off!” Absolutely stunning work though x

• January 27, 2014 at 5:39 PM #

Omg you said it Sara-May! This was such a killer to get off. I can’t say I’ll be trying this again too soon!