~Aussie/Kiwi Brands FOTD~ Antipodean Beauties Challenge

547136_10151807858756410_1546024019_n

It was harder than I thought it would be to find products for this challenge. I searched through my stash and I managed to find enough to come up with a FOTD but it did make me realise I have to support Aussie brands more. It would of course be a lot easier to support them if they catered for my skin tone but since they don’t, I tend to have to go outside of Australian brands to find what I need but that’s a rant for another day!

For the face I used a combination of Becca Luminous Skin Colour in Bamboo and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Gold.  On the cheeks I used Becca Songbird blush which is one of my favourites. I love a lot of what Becca comes out with because they make high quality products with chic packaging, cater for darker skin tones and make effortless and easy to wear colour choices in their product range.

I used an NP set palette (Party Set Palette) I was given by a friend to do the eye shadow and the Modelco Fibrelash mascara for my lashes. I can’t say that I loved the NP eyeshadow’s because they were very hard to work with and the pigmentation was not very good.

I finished up the eye look with my favourite Aussie liquid liner, the Savvy by DB liner in Navy. I have this in the Dark Brown as well and it’s one of my staples. This says a lot coming from me since I am a liquid liner addict and have tried many over the years!

I also used the Face of Australian lip gloss crayon in Macaron on my lips but changed that out for Lanolips lip ointment in Dark Honey later in the day because my lips were very dry. If you haven’t already tried them, Lanolips make great tinted lip products for super dry lips and dark honey is one of my favourite my lips but better shades.

So what are your favourite Aussie/Kiwi brands?

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…

Categories: Antipodean Challenge, Becca, budget beauty, Face of Australia, FOTD

9 Comments on “~Aussie/Kiwi Brands FOTD~ Antipodean Beauties Challenge”

1. kflowermaquillage
    December 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM #

That that eyeliner! I might have to try it. Is the tip precise?

2. kflowermaquillage
    December 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM #

I love that eyeliner*

• December 15, 2013 at 11:53 PM #

The eyeliner is lovely and it has a very fine tip. It’s some kind of silicon/felt tip instead of an actual brush but it does give a very precise line.

• kflowermaquillage
        December 15, 2013 at 11:55 PM #

Oh great, I might try it out.

3. December 13, 2013 at 9:39 AM #

You look stunning! Great job on using the Party Set palette – I used to have it and found it very difficult to work with as well.

• December 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM #

Thanks Sara-May 🙂 OMG that set is so hard to use! The blushes were actually quite nice but I struggled so much with the shadows!

4. Iffy
    December 13, 2013 at 9:27 PM #

Yes, I agree really like th look of the navy blue. Never would have thought of it myself but, looks great

5. January 5, 2014 at 8:16 PM #

that songbird blush looks gorgeous on you!

• January 5, 2014 at 8:18 PM #

It’s definitely one of my favourites and looks especially great on tanned/dark skin.