Modern Marilyn-esque EOTD with Sugarpill Mochi

I’ve had a really lovely chilled out weekend just catching up with good friends, fixing up some of my site issues (well watching my brother and my friend fix my site issues!) and watching Smash! My friend told me to watch Smash, reassuring me it was my type of TV show. She was so right! Smash is kind of like Glee for adults and I loved it! I was so hooked that I stayed up till the early hours of the morning watching episode after episode. Hmm, that sounds kind of sad actually but I swear I have a life!

I’m not mentioning the show for no reason (even though I think it’s awesome and highly recommend it!) and only bring it up because it inspired my EOTD today. If you haven’t seen the show, the first season follows the making of a Broadway musical about Marilyn Monroe. Watching all the beautiful makeup through out the show made me want to do a pin up look ( I can almost hear you saying ‘not again!’) before heading out to meet some friends for yum cha today. Pin up makeup is one of my favourites to do because it’s so simple and flattering. I felt like doing pin up with a twist today though so I pulled out my Sugarpill Heartbreaker palette.

I haven’t had a chance to review this yet but I love this palette! The shadows are all so pigmented and intense and the shade selection is beautiful. I’m especially in love with the aquamarine colour in the bottom right called Mochi. I decided to do a modern Marilyn-esque look and substituted the beige lid colour with Mochi. I also swapped out the standard black liner for a dark blue one.

To get the look I did the following:

• Primed my lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Applied MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot on to my lids
  • Patted Sugarpill Mochi on to the mobile lid
  • Blended Sugarpill Velocity just to the outer v
  • Blended out the crease with MAC Wedge eye shadow
  • Applied MAC Cork and Concrete eye shadow’s to the crease
  • Applied MAC Shroom eye shadow to the inner corner
  • Lined my top lashline with Savvy by DB liquid liner in dark blue
  • Applied Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting mascara to my lashes
  • Lined my water line with MAC Chromographic pencil in NC15/NW20

I was debating whether or not to add red lips but, as I was going straight to lunch, I thought applying red would be an exercise in futility so I stuck with Revlon Pink Truffle Lip Butter instead. I really loved the blue liquid liner and can’t wait to use it some more.

As I finish off this post I’m sitting here with a mud mask on because Sunday’s nights are usually my face mask time. I find that setting aside that time every Sunday night is a great way toΒ  relax and get ready for the week ahead.

What are your weekly pamper rituals? Are you a fan of Smash too? Let me know below!

Categories: EOTD, FOTD, Pin Up look, Savvy by DB, Sugarpill

8 Comments on “Modern Marilyn-esque EOTD with Sugarpill Mochi”

1. June 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM #

I really REALLY love this look on you Ahalya! I would never have paired the muted teal with the blue liner, but it just works. WOW! Really blown away. πŸ™‚

That MAC Chromagraphic pencil is at the top of my wish list right now, and I love how it looks on you.

2. June 26, 2012 at 2:42 PM #

Thanks Arianne πŸ™‚ Lol, I just put it up the look because I wanted an excuse to talk about Smash! The MAC Chromographic pencil is really good and much more natural than white on the waterline. Thanks for being the first commentor on the new site as well!

3. July 6, 2012 at 9:53 PM #

Wow, it looks really good on you!

I always put on a clay mask on Sunday, and I paint my nails.

• July 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM #

coloredlips: Thank you πŸ™‚ I’m glad I’m not the only one who has a mini pamper session on Sundays!

4. Alison Griffiths
    July 21, 2012 at 10:50 AM #

Hi there, I am a newbie to your blog but I really like what I see. Sunday used to be my ‘renovations day’, like I was a house or something πŸ™‚ when everything got fixed for the week ahead. Nowadays I am medically retired so I can play far more, it means my nail polish rarely lasts more than three days before I change it – my nails hate me πŸ™‚ thanks for a great blog! I loved what you did with the Sugar Pill, I like their Chromalust shadows so much, but I think I need this palette too!

• August 26, 2012 at 2:47 AM #

Hi Alison πŸ™‚ Thanks for stopping by and thank you for your comment! Lol I always change up my nail polish too and my nails definitely hate me for it but life’s too short to keep the same nail colour for too long πŸ˜‰ This palette is lovely if you’re not afraid of colour!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The Balm ‘Balm Voyage’ Palette | Bug's Beauty Blog - December 16, 2013

[…] hard to build up the colour or layer other shades over it. I was hoping it would be similar to Sugarpill Mochi but it […]

2. ~Metallic FOTD~ Antipodean Beauties Challenge | Bug's Beauty Blog - January 27, 2014

[…] main players in this look were Sugarpill Goldilux Ioose eyeshadow and Sugarpill Mochi Eyeshadow from the Heartbreaker palette. I used Mochi on my lids and then used Makeup Forever Aqua Cream in […]