YSL Rouge Volupte in Rose Culte

I’ve been slowly making my way through all the ‘must have’ lipsticks from various high end brands so it was only going to be a matter of time before I picked up one of the Rouge Volupte lipsticks from YSL. The beautiful packaging alone was enough for me to be willing to purchase one of these!

The lipstick comes completely wound down as the formula is very creamy. I would recommend winding this lipstick all the way down when you’re done applying it so that you don’t have any breakage.

I picked up the shade ‘Rose Culte’ and I love how the lipstick shade matches the colour of the design around the tube so you don’t need to flip it upside down to figure out what colour it is.

Rose Culte is this amazingly bright pink shade that can appear almost neon at times. The formula is really creamy and moisturising and feels fantastic on the lips. My lips are quite pigmented but the colour covers them without any trouble and with minimal product.

Here’s my lips without product:

And then with the colour applied:

I love this shade and I think it’s one of those colours which immediately brightens your face when you put it on. I always apply it with lip liner underneath as I like my colour to be more longlasting then this formula allows on its own. I’ve found that (if you don’t eat or drink) I can get about 3 or 4 hours wear from this shade. If you are eating or drinking, you’ll need to reapply almost immediately.

I found that I didn’t have anything similar in my collection of lipsticks but I thought I’d throw in a few comparision swatches for anyone wondering how it compares to some other popular pink shades.

From left to right: NARS Schiap, YSL Rouge Volupte in Rose Culte, MAC Girl About Town lipstick, NYX Round lipstick in Louisianna.
I also decided to do a comparison with some deeper berry shades that I own.
From left to right: MAC Rebel lipstick, YSL Rouge Volupte in Rose Culte, Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet lipstick in La Sensuelle
I picked up my lipstick from strawberrynet.com for about $33 and I’ll be going back for more if I can find another shade I love. Rouge Voluptes have a good range of nude and natural shades but I’m trying to limit my makeup spending to shades I don’t have in my collection. I would definitely recommend these lipsticks if you’re looking to splurge because they are very luxurious.
What do you think of this shade? Do you know of any dupes for this shade? Are you a fan of the Rouge Voluptes? Let me know below!

Categories: lip, YSL

11 Comments on “YSL Rouge Volupte in Rose Culte”

1. January 20, 2012 at 7:57 AM #

The colour looks so pretty on you! Which lipliner do you use with this?

2. January 20, 2012 at 8:42 AM #

That color is gorgeous! It look beautiful on you!

3. January 20, 2012 at 12:46 PM #

This is pretty!

4. January 21, 2012 at 12:48 AM #

it looks great on you! i like it a lot

5. January 23, 2012 at 5:57 AM #

Gorgeous color on you! Very beautiful!

6. January 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM #

Hi Rads 🙂 I usually pair it with some shade of NYX lipliner. At the moment I've been favouring NYX Bloom lipliner but if I feel like bringing out the red in the shade then I'll pair it with something like NYX Plush Red lipliner. Thanks Aseya! It's such a gorgeous shade and I've been wearing it every chance I get :)Thanks Rai :)Thanks Vonnie! I think it'd look great on most people though. Have you tried it yet?

7. January 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM #

so pretty! i have to try it out! love, rach.http://www.so–hi.blogspot.com

8. S
    November 5, 2012 at 7:19 AM #

This is very helpful.. I just purchased a lipstick because of your comparison swatches.

• November 9, 2012 at 1:14 AM #

Thanks S! Glad I could help. I always find comparison swatches helpful because I do a lot of online shopping so I always try to incorporate them in my post when I can 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Fifth Ave Fuchsia | Bug's Beauty Blog - April 28, 2013

[…] from left to right: MAC Girl About Town, Fifth Ave Fuchsia, Revlon Colorburst in Raspberry Pie, YSL Rouge Volupte in Rose Culte […]

2. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks- Vivid’s part 2 | Bug's Beauty Blog - November 12, 2013

[…] Rose is quite close to YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Rose Culte but slightly lighter and not as glossy. I thought it may be similar to MAC Girl About Town but […]