Wedding Season: Makeup Trial

My friend Becks is getting married in a few months so she had her first makeup trial a little while ago and she was nice enough to let me post the pictures. Becks decided to go with Bernadette Fisers who is a fantasic Australian makeup artist. I don’t know why, but I was expecting Bernadette to be intimidating because of how much experience she has but honestly she was absolutely lovely!

Becks is gorgeous without makeup but, since she usually goes for quite a natural look, she decided to go with more of a smokey look for her her first wedding makeup trial. Here she is without makeup:

And here she is after Bernadette worked her magic.

The look is very elegant without being too heavy. I was watching Bernadette apply the makeup and, from memory, some of the products used were the Shu Uemura Face Architect foundation, eyeshadows from the Smashbox Wish palette from the 2010 holiday collection and some Ardell Duralash individual false lashes.

Bernadette also does hair as well as make up so she recreated a look from a picture that Becks really liked. She curled Becks hair with a conical curling wand and then put it up into a very romantic undone-done up do.

I am in love with the hair and I was surprised that it was a lot sturdier than it looked thanks to all the hairspray.

Finished look:

Doesn’t she look beautiful? I think the end result was very elegant and made Becks look more glamorous than her usual going out look. The most important thing is that she looked just as good in person as she did on camera which is crucial for wedding makeup. There is nothing worse than super heavy makeup that looks fine on camera but scary in person.
Bernadette has a blog of her own which can be found here. It hasn’t been updated in a while but she was talking about revamping it so hopefully she posts again soon.
What’s your ideal wedding makeup look?

Categories: wedding

7 Comments on “Wedding Season: Makeup Trial”

1. January 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM #

Enjoyed the write-up and photography!

2. January 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM #

Woooooow! She really looks gorgeous! The MUA did a great job although she's already pretty without make-up (:

3. January 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM #

This is beautiful…not too soft not too hard..perfect look…i guess my ideal wedding look will be same..nothing too natural..a little smoked out.

4. January 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM #

Anonymous: Thanks :)Natalie: I agree, she looks gorgeous with or without makeup :)Ruhi: I always thought a really natural look would be my favoured wedding makeup look but I think now that a soft smokey eye is the way to go. I guess it just depends though on whether you want to look more glamorous or natural for your wedding day. Thanks for the comment 🙂

5. January 5, 2012 at 4:11 AM #

very fresh and pretty

6. January 5, 2012 at 4:59 AM #

Mecachu: I agree! Thanks for the comment 🙂

7. March 5, 2012 at 7:32 AM #

I enjoyed your article and photographs.Really pretty…