I won’t have any other products to play with for the next week at least so any FOTD’s/EOTD’s that I do in the mean time will use all the same products. Hopefully you won’t get too bored!

For today’s look I decided to attempt a somewhat dramatic cut crease look. I used my NARS Taj Mahal blush as an eyeshadow again but you can easily substitute another orange shade such as MAC Rule eyeshadow.

To get the look:

I first primed my lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion
I then patted NARS Taj Mahal blush on to my lid to just above my crease
I applied some MAC Blonde’s Gold Pigment to the inner part of my lid and around my tear duct
I then took some Blue Heaven Kajal liner on to to an eyeliner brush and drew in a crease just above my natural crease. I also used it to line my waterline
I took a smudge brush and lightly smudged the colour upwards.
After this I took some NYX Dark Brown eyeshadow on a crease brush and went over the liner.
I blended out the edge of the crease colour with my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural and applied a highlight.
I lined my top lashline with NYX Studio Effect Liquid Liner in Extreme Black and applied Loreal Voluminous mascara to my lashes.
I finished up by cleaning up the look with some concealer.

Being stuck with such a limited amount of products got me wondering, if you could only use 3 eyeshadows for the rest of your life, which one’s would you pick?

Let me know below!

Categories: EOTD, FOTD

8 Comments on “Orange Cut Crease FOTD or ‘How Many Times Can You Use the Same 4 Colours in a Look’…”

1. August 18, 2011 at 5:51 PM #

So pretty. I don't know how to do the whole 'cut the crease' thing. I don't even really know what it means…lol. If I could only use 3 shadows, they would have to be MAC's Orb, Soft Brown and Club, but that would really suck!xxAlicia

2. August 19, 2011 at 1:30 AM #

oh my, that is stunning!!! I am definitely stealing the look from you & wearing it on the weekend! I can't believe how good that NYX liner looks, too. Hm. Interesting πŸ™‚

3. August 19, 2011 at 4:53 PM #

so pretty, i am so glad you are showing your face now. ps: i have a great giveaway going on if you are interested in picking out some new make-up/haircare! check it out!love, rach.http://www.so–hi.blogspot.com

4. August 19, 2011 at 9:52 PM #

Such pretty make-up! πŸ™‚

5. August 20, 2011 at 6:27 AM #

Thanks Alicia. Lol it took me a while to figure it out too and as far as I can tell, it seems to just mean having a really defined crease colour. Good choices! Orb is still on my 'to buy' list. But you're right, a world with only 3 shadow choices would suck ;)Y: Thanks! The NYX liner is amazing and this is coming from a liquid liner addict! It's better than most of the high end ones I own and for the price it's amazing :)Thanks Rach πŸ™‚ Thanks so much Sandra πŸ™‚

6. August 28, 2011 at 9:58 AM #

Ooh how clever are you Ahalya! Your skintone is gorgeous and you can really pull it off.Tammerlypinkdivabeauty.com

7. September 12, 2011 at 1:03 PM #

Thanks Tammerly!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. ~Blush FOTD~ Antipodean Beauties Challenge | Bug's Beauty Blog - April 29, 2014

[…] I love Taj Mahal as a blush and and it’s one of my ‘brown girl staples’ but I always forget that it can be super pretty on the eyes. The last time I used it as an eyeshadow was back in 2011 when I was travelling in Sri Lanka and had very minimal makeup with me so I had to improvise with what I did bring. I used it in the eye look below and, if you’re interested in what I used, you can check out the original post by clicking here. […]