Blingtastic EOTD with Goldilux and Tiara

Sometimes I do my makeup knowing exactly where it’s going and other times I just open up a makeup drawer at random and see what jumps out at me.

I did the latter today and the first things I noticed were my Sugarpill Chromalust loose shadows in Goldilux and Tiara so I tried to put them in a look. Generally my rule for gold and silver (jewellery at least) is that I never wear them together but rules are made to be broken.

This look was super easy to create and if you’re interested:

I started by priming my lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion

I applied MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot all over my lid
I then used my Milani Liquifeye pencil in Gold over my lid leaving the centre of my lid free of colour
I used Milani Liquifeye pencil in Silver on the centre of my lid
I patted SSugarpill Chromalust shadow in Goldilux on my lid over the gold pencil
I patted Sugarpill Chromalust shadow in Tiara on the centre of my lid over the silver pencil
I blended the edges where the silver and gold shadows meet so that the line wasn’t so harsh
I blended the crease with MAC Cork eyeshadow
I darkened the crease with MAC Concrete eyeshadow
I used MAC Bamboo eyeshadow to blend out the crease and up to the browbone
I applied MAC Solar White eyeshadow as a highlight around my tear duct
I lined my top lashline with Rimmel Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Black and coated my lashes with Loreal Voluminous Mascara in Blackest Black

Categories: EOTD, Sugarpill

13 Comments on “Blingtastic EOTD with Goldilux and Tiara”

1. August 4, 2011 at 1:41 PM #

Absolutely stunning! The simplest looks are often the prettiest, and I adore this one πŸ™‚

2. August 4, 2011 at 4:41 PM #

What a great idea! I never thought to mix my metallics either, but this totally works. Love the EOTD.

3. August 4, 2011 at 4:45 PM #

beautiful! πŸ™‚

4. August 4, 2011 at 6:40 PM #

i like it πŸ™‚

5. August 4, 2011 at 7:55 PM #

i remember you mentioned previously that you got an allergic reaction to goldilux. how'd it work out this time? i keep hoping i can use it one day… for now it's just sitting pretty in my kit! 😦

6. August 4, 2011 at 8:33 PM #

I must try this combination! it is so attractive :)btw, I cannot believe I missed the FOTD post – you are SO beautiful πŸ˜€

7. August 4, 2011 at 9:04 PM #

So pretty!!!

8. August 5, 2011 at 1:02 AM #

Beautiful look!! I love the lighter patch right in the middle of the lid, it makes it just glow!

9. August 5, 2011 at 1:20 AM #

Thanks Sara-May! I know what you mean, sometimes the most complicated looks don't look half as flattering as something really simple :)Arianne: Thank you! I was trying to 'think outside the box' and mix colours I wouldn't usually mix.MzCherrie: Thanks :)Arianne Cruz: Thank you :)VoodooGirl: Still allergic unfortunately but I can wear it for about 8-10 hours IF I do the following:- Use it dry instead of wet-Use it over multiple bases so it doesn't directly touch my skin- Don't wear it on days that are humid or to places like concerts or clubbing where it can get very hot and sticky. I can't use it 2 days in a row either so I usually wear it once every few weeks without problems :)Thanks Ki! You're too sweet πŸ™‚ I'm finding it so hard to keep up to date with everyones blog posts now that I've found so many blogs too follow! Too little time!Thanks Aseya :)Thanks Kayleigh! I was trying to go for that kind of glowing look πŸ˜€

10. August 6, 2011 at 7:50 PM #

this is SO pretty, and it compliments your skintone really well!

11. August 8, 2011 at 3:13 AM #

thank you for the tips! i'll give it a go one of these days and keep those in mind πŸ™‚

12. August 9, 2011 at 12:59 AM #

I just bought Goldilux and have yet to take it out from the box. I hope to give it a try very soon. Very cute look!

13. August 9, 2011 at 1:13 PM #

Thanks Caitlin. I'm obsessed with gold for that reason :)voodoo girl: Yay, hope it works out ok!SahilyAnais MUA: Thanks πŸ™‚ It's a gorgeous colour. Can't wait to see what you do with it.