Estee Lauder Polished Platinum Pure Colour Eyeshadow swatches and EOTD

I’d never tried Estee Lauder eyeshadow’s before purchasing Polished Platinum and I have to say that I am very impressed and definitely plan on getting more.

The packaging is gorgeous but I didn’t expect anything less from this brand. The product itself is pigmented with a soft texture that isn’t chalky which is my test of a high quality eyeshadow.

The colour is a silver that has a gold shimmer through it. I usually stay away from silvers but the gold edge to this shadow makes it quite wearable on my skin tone.

Here it is compared to MAC Electra eyeshadow on the left and MAC Patina eyeshadow on the right. You can see that it doesn’t have that blue undertone to it that a lot of silvers like Electra tend to have.

I decided to use it in a smokey eye look today and applied it as an all over lid colour on top of Blackground Paint Pot.

I also used:
MAC Concrete eyeshadow in the crease
MAC Typographic eyeshadow to darken the outer v and crease
I used a mixture of MAC Electra eyeshadow and MAC Forgery eyeshadow around the tear duct
I used Milani Liquifeye pencil in Silver along the bottom lash line and darkened the outer corner of the bottom lash line with MAC Typographic eyeshadow
I finished up by lining my top lash line with Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Liner in Black and coated my lashes with Loreal Voluminous Mascara in Blackest Black.

On the rest of my face I’m wearing:
A mixture of Ellis Faas Skin Veil Pen in S104 and Chantecaille Future Skin Foundation in Wheat
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC42
Laura Mercier Under Eye Perfector in Orange
TheBalm Time Balm Concealer in Mid-Medium
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural
NARS Powder Blush in Gina
on my lips I’m wearing Pixi Lip Booster in Trixie

Categories: EOTD, Estee Lauder, FOTD, swatch

11 Comments on “Estee Lauder Polished Platinum Pure Colour Eyeshadow swatches and EOTD”

1. July 29, 2011 at 12:44 PM #

That look is gorgeous on you! Thanks for showing a full face pic, it's great!!

2. July 29, 2011 at 3:46 PM #

nice makeup look! i love the packaging…. that eyeshadow kinda looks like one i just got from nyx

3. July 30, 2011 at 2:07 AM #

Oooh! Haha I don't know if you can tell by the name of my blog but I am a HUGE taupe lover and this one is just lovely!!! ❤ It looks beautiful on you!

4. July 31, 2011 at 2:37 AM #

you look so glowy, especially with the lower lashline color…nice!Vonniehttp://www.socialitedreams.com/

5. August 1, 2011 at 11:52 AM #

Beautiful how it brightens your eyes. I love silver and gold shimmers.

6. August 2, 2011 at 2:36 AM #

Thanks Juliana :)Alma: I love the Lauder packaging! It's always beautiful. How are you finding the NYX shade? Kayleigh: 😀 Taupe really is the new black! I didn't know whether this classified as a taupe or not so I decided to go with 'silver with gold in it' :)Thanks Vonnie! Vita: I love gold shimmers but silver is one I've kind of stayed away from but I'll definitely be trying them out more 🙂

7. August 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM #

This is a gorgeous look 🙂

8. August 16, 2011 at 10:01 AM #

Thanks 🙂

9. September 10, 2011 at 3:17 PM #

Now that is a super sultry eye! Beautiful!

10. September 12, 2011 at 1:01 PM #

Thanks Missey 🙂

11. December 2, 2011 at 5:10 AM #

Why on Earth would you stay away from silver? It's amazing with your skin tone and eye color!