Let’s get properly introduced + Everyday Smokey EOTD

I’ve remained somewhat anonymous on my blog because… well I’m not too sure why but I thought it was about time we officially met…

So hi, my name’s Ahalya and I’m a 26 year old lawyer from Melbourne who just happens to have a major makeup obsession!

I decided it was about time I showed my full face here because there are just some looks and products I can’t review/show you properly with out it. That being said, there are some days when I’ll still post EOTD’s only because I have yet to master taking full face shots using my DSLR. Anyone have any tips? Please leave them below because I’d definitely appreciate it.

So on to the look. I pretty much never wear the same EOTD 2 days in a row because I love experimenting but sometimes I land on a look that is so easy and flattering that it becomes a bit of a go-to.

This look has definitely become my new go-to look in this last week:

It’s just an everyday slightly smokey eye with some major inner corner highlighting (you’ve probably noticed by now that this is one of my favourite things to do).

I decided to try out a step by step approach to my EOTD’s so let me know whether you prefer this or if I should go back to my old format.

1. I always begin any eye look by prepping my eye with Urban Decay Primer Potion. I know there are lots more primers on the market but this is the only one that really works for me.

2. I used some MAC Cash Flow Paint Pot on my lid just up to the crease and around the tear duct.

3. I picked up some MAC Cork eye shadow on a crease brush and worked it into my crease.

4. I patted some MAC All that Glitters eye shadow all over my lid and around my tear duct.

5. I used a clean blending brush to blend out all the harsh edges and then applied MAC Solar White eye shadow around my tear duct.

6. I picked up some MAC Sketch eye shadow on a tapered blending brush and darkened the crease and outer v. Sorry about the hair in the picture, I didn’t notice it until I started cropping the images.

7. I blended out the edges of the Sketch using MAC Cork eye shadow and then applied MAC Blacktrack Fluidline to my top lashline. I finished up with a coat or two of Rimmel 1,2,3 Looks mascara (review to come).

I don’t like the look of my eyes with any liner on the bottom lashline so I usually skip it but it would look great with this look.

What’s your current go-to EOTD combination?

Categories: about me, EOTD

21 Comments on “Let’s get properly introduced + Everyday Smokey EOTD”

1. July 24, 2011 at 1:53 AM #

Oh wow! You look like Lisa Raye! Very pretty!

2. July 24, 2011 at 2:34 AM #

yay!Love the look.I'm 26 as well πŸ™‚

3. July 24, 2011 at 3:08 AM #

Hi Ahalya! Nice to finally see your pretty face. :)I love this combo. I think All That Glitters is just magical on olive/tan complexions. I have and love it, too.

4. July 24, 2011 at 6:44 AM #

You're stunning! πŸ™‚

5. July 24, 2011 at 10:09 AM #

Hi Ahalya, great EOTD as usual! And good on you for feeling comfortable enough to show your face… I know how daunting it can be! I'm still in constant fear that the bosses at work (govt job) will find out about the blog and not take me seriously anymore. But it's amazing how many smart women are out there that are totally obsessed with makeup…our IQ doesn't dip with every new eyeshadow purchase :-)So again, I'm glad you're showing who you are! we love to see the person behind the blog. Lilitxo

6. July 24, 2011 at 10:33 AM #

wow.. really nice πŸ˜› love it!

7. July 24, 2011 at 11:29 AM #

So lovely to finally see you! Hello, from one Melbourne girl to another πŸ™‚

8. July 24, 2011 at 12:02 PM #

Thank you for sharing your beautiful face with us, you've taken such a brave step and I'm so glad! I love this look and the step by step photographs. I wish I had your makeup application skills, gotta keep practicing.

9. July 24, 2011 at 2:56 PM #

Great post! I love how you take a photo each step of the way, it makes it super easy to follow! Good job πŸ™‚

10. July 24, 2011 at 9:33 PM #

Aw~ So glad I finally have a face to put to the name πŸ˜€ You look gorgeous!!

11. July 25, 2011 at 12:22 AM #

This is stunning! Love the look, going to channel this tomorrow morning. It's nice to officially meet you, I know it's daunting to show a whole face online so good on you for doing it =)

12. July 25, 2011 at 12:46 PM #

finally! :)it's good to see how the eotd look overall.

13. July 25, 2011 at 11:42 PM #

beautiful look on a beautiful lady!! you remind me of the actress Lisa Raye!! I love reading your blog and your makeup looks are awesome!! keep up the great work! πŸ™‚

14. July 26, 2011 at 12:27 AM #

You're a beauty! Thanks for showing us your smiling face! πŸ™‚ I like this format for FOTD, it's like a tutorial too so bonus!! I love this eye look, gonna give it a go tomorrow! πŸ™‚

15. July 27, 2011 at 11:52 AM #

hello there!! I can't believe I missed this post!! You are so pretty, you should definitely post some more fotds πŸ™‚ Sorry, I'm not good with a camera so can't give you tips on that 😦 oh and thank you sooo much for mentioning me on your Will Work For Makeup post! πŸ™‚ that was so incredibly sweet of you! I tweeted you, but someone hasn't been using her twitter very much heheh πŸ™‚ Glad you're back! πŸ™‚

16. July 28, 2011 at 2:25 AM #

Jinz: Thank you! I didn't know who Lisa Raye was so I googled her and even though I don't think I look like her I appreciate it :)Jennifer: Thanks and yay for being part of the 26 club :DThanks Arianne! Love All that glitters and I don't think it gets as much love as it should!Thanks so much Jennifer :)Hi Lilit! Thanks so much for the lovely comment :)I think think the whole work issue kept me from doing this for a long time but I'm not ashamed of my blog so I thought why not put my face out there? I completely agree with you, alot of bloggers out there are inteliigent girls/women who have professional careers but who also love makeup.

17. July 28, 2011 at 2:32 AM #

Fruh: Thank you :)Hi Vita! I love meetting fellow Melbournians :)Awww thanks so much Megan. I appreciate the lovely comment :)SahilyAnais MUA: Thank you! I think I might stick with this format but it's so much more time consuming unfortunately!Thanks Celina! It feels nice not being anonymous πŸ™‚

18. July 28, 2011 at 2:39 AM #

Thanks Emma! It such an easy look to do and very work friendly so I've been rocking it alot. prettymom: Thank you πŸ™‚ I just need to figure out how to take full face shots now so that all my FOTD's don't look exactly the same!Misha: Thanks so much for the lovely comment πŸ™‚ How weird, you're the second person to say I look like her! Thanks kayleigh πŸ™‚ Think I'm sticking with this format from now on. I think it's much easier to follow than my other format. Thanks for stopping by!Hi Aseya!Thanks so much. All these lovely comments are making me blush!Of course I had to mention you, you were and are still of me fave bloggers :)i think I'll have to delete my twitter because I literally never use it and I feel guilty about having it up! Or maybe I should just start using it properly? Lol I'll give it another go πŸ™‚ xx

19. July 28, 2011 at 11:32 AM #

wow, you're so pretty! πŸ™‚ love the eye look you created here.

20. July 29, 2011 at 12:10 AM #

You look beautiful! Pleased to meet you! Let me know if you get back on to Twitter πŸ™‚

21. August 2, 2011 at 2:37 AM #

Thanks so much voodoo girl πŸ™‚ Dempss01: Thank you πŸ™‚ I don't know why I just can't get into the twitter thing! I'm going to try again and hopefully have better luck this time πŸ™‚