EOTD Challenge: Barbie

This is the last look for Sara-May’s ‘May 2011 FOTD Challenge’ and I’m sad to see it end but also glad that I can go back to doing regular looks. Thanks you so much Sara-May for coming up with this challenge and I wouldn’t hesitate to join in again despite the fact that it can be quite a daunting task to take on! My aim was to give you guys 2 EOTD’s per week and I think I’m one EOTD short so I may just post a backdated look but we’ll see how it goes!

Today’s challenge was ‘Barbie’ and I swear I wanted to stay away from the whole ‘Barbie Loves MAC’ thing but when I googled images of the darker skinned Barbies, the picture that came up was actually the same as one of the looks in the promo images of ‘Barbie Loves MAC’.

The look seems to be a light green shadow on the lid paired with a pink shadow in the crease and a light pink lip. I gave it a go and I’m not totally happy with how it came out but then again I never am!

For the eyes the main colours used were MAC Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow on the lid and on the bottom lashline with Humid on the outer lid and Club eyeshadow in the crease and then Sugarpill Dollipop eyeshadow above that.

For the lips I used NYX Hot Pink lipliner to line my lips, NYX Istanbul Soft Matte Lip Cream on top of this and then some NARS Turkish Delight lipgloss as a finishing touch.

Categories: EOTD, May FOTD Challenge

14 Comments on “EOTD Challenge: Barbie”

1. May 31, 2011 at 3:06 PM #

Awesooooome! ♥♥♥ I reeeeaaally love it! Great job! (:http://4seasons92.blogspot.com/

2. May 31, 2011 at 8:44 PM #

This is a beautiful look, very head on with the Barbie reference photo. I love it! Your makeup is flawless.JC

3. June 1, 2011 at 6:52 AM #

what aren't you happy with? it's absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! i love it very much…all of the colors blended well and you did a good job with the whole thingVonniehttp://www.socialitedreams.com/

4. June 1, 2011 at 6:58 AM #

Okay this I want to see on you in public! suga x

5. June 1, 2011 at 7:10 AM #

Woah, that looks gorgeous! Good job 🙂 the colours look so pretty. ^^

6. June 1, 2011 at 7:31 AM #

Beautiful! You're right, it is very similar to one of the Barbie loves MAC images, but you have certainly done it justice! Thanks for playing along with me! x

7. June 2, 2011 at 6:37 AM #

Thanks Natalie :)JC: Thanks so much! I was considering going creative but it was late and I was tired so I went for a literal interpretation of the look ;)Thanks vonnie! I find it hard to view my looks objectively and there are times I consider not posting a look (such as this one) because I feel like it looks bad but I'm trying to stop thinking that way :)Lol Suga I'll wear it out the next time we meet up 😀 xx:) Thanks! I wish I'd used a less intense pink but I'm too lazy to re-do the look! Thanks Sara-May! You're welcome and thank you for letting me play along 😀 I thought it was so much fun and it definitely inspired me to post more regularly 🙂

8. June 2, 2011 at 2:41 PM #

I absolutely adore this. The lips. wow. 🙂

9. June 2, 2011 at 7:33 PM #

BARBIE. I love her! I adore this look, now i'm starting to get into eyeshadows, I MUST definitely try this out! I just hope I have similar colours! I sooo want to buy Nars Turkish delight now, being that its supposed to be one of Kimmy K's fav's and it looks lovely on you! Wish I had the cash lol xx

10. June 5, 2011 at 6:38 AM #

Shrutilaya: Thanks :)Naomi: Thanks 😀 No matter how old I get I think I'll always have a soft spot for Barbie 🙂 Kim K's the reason why I bought Turkish Delight too but to be honest, I only use it when I'm trying to get barbie-esque lips which isn't often!

11. June 24, 2011 at 1:51 AM #

Lovely. Great recreate! 🙂

12. July 6, 2011 at 5:36 AM #

makupbyti: thanks so much 🙂

13. July 20, 2011 at 4:06 AM #

lovin where you got u inspiration from 😉

14. July 28, 2011 at 2:20 AM #