EOTD Challenge: Cleopatra

Today’s FOTD challenge for Sara-May’s ‘May 2011 FOTD Challenge’ is Cleopatra and I couldn’t let this one pass without giving it a go. I’ve already attempted a classic Elizabeth Taylor based Cleopatra look before (click here) but it wasn’t very impressive so I tried a more detailed version today.

The inspiration for today’s look came from two sources. The first was a picture I saw of Kim Kardashian showing her makeup for a Radar Online interview where the main colour used by her makeup artist was MAC Goldmine. The second image was one I came across when searching for Cleopatra pictures and it was from some random site and I really liked the liner pattern under the eyes so I incorporated it into my look.

Here are swatches of all the products I used to get this look:

from left to right: MAC Cashflow Paint Pot, MAC Goldmine eyeshadow, MAC Tilt eyeshadow, MAC Concrete eyeshadow, MAC Print eyeshadow and NYX Studio liquid liner in Extreme Black.

To get this look:
I started off by applying MAC Cashflow Paint Pot all over my eye from lid to brow bone but concentrating the colour mainly on the lid. I also brought it down on to the lower lashline
I then patted MAC Goldmine eyeshadow all over the lid and around the crease and then on to the bottom lashline.
I used MAC Concrete eyeshadow with a tapered crease brush to blend out the edges of the goldmine and to draw in a defined crease
I then used a fluffy blending brush to work MAC Tilt eyeshadow over the crease and up to the brow bone
I finished up the eyeshadow by darkening the crease contour with MAC Print eyeshadow.
I used NYX’s Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Black to line the top lashline and to draw in the line underneath the bottom lashline. I also worked this product through my brows to make them very defined and black and then brushed them through with a spoolie brush.
I finished off by applying some Ardell Wispies false lashes and then applying Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara to both my real lashes and the fake lashes.

Categories: EOTD, May FOTD Challenge

10 Comments on “EOTD Challenge: Cleopatra”

1. May 23, 2011 at 3:34 PM #

Really cute!

2. May 23, 2011 at 4:26 PM #

I love the liner! How did you do it??? Amazing! 😀

3. May 24, 2011 at 3:02 AM #

Gorgeous! Love how you did the bottom liner and your blending skills are perfect!!

4. May 24, 2011 at 6:18 AM #

Beautiful look yet again – I love this!

5. May 24, 2011 at 10:59 AM #

very cleopatra! gorgeous colours too x

6. May 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM #

Really lovely, I like that it is quite a wearable look, but has the added twist of the under eye detailing! Beautiful!

7. May 25, 2011 at 8:11 PM #

great look 🙂 you get the themes perfect every monthshel xx

8. May 26, 2011 at 12:03 AM #

Mudarling: Thanks :DKi: The liner is so easy to do! You just need to commit to the line and go for it 😀 You can see where I hesitated near the end of the bottom line because it gets a bit wobbly. Ailah: Thanks so much :)Thanks Megs!Msmadamemakeup: I love these types of colours because they look pretty flattering across the board. Thanks for commenting :)Thanks so much Sara-May! I was going to go for a bright version but you pulled it off awesomely so I thought I'd stick with golds :)Thanks Shel! 🙂

9. May 26, 2011 at 5:53 AM #