EOTD Challenge: Ethereal

Today’s FOTD challenge for Sara-May’s ‘May 2011 FOTD challenge’ is Ethereal. This is one of my favourite looks because it’s really flattering and so easy. My version always involves flawless dewy skin, very highlighted cheeks and eyes and glossy lips.

For my skin: I used Estee Lauder Double wear foundation and then highlighted my cheekbones with Becca shimmering skin perfector in Gold topped with MAC Naked Pigment. I contoured my cheeks using Becca Calypso bronzing powder and used Smashbox Illume lipgloss on my lips.

For my eyes: I used MAC Soft Ochre paint pot as a base all over the lid up to the brow bone and then used a mixture of MAC Ricepaper and Naked pigment on the lid blending slightly above the crease. I then blended out the crease with MAC Bamboo eyeshadow and used Ricepaper as a brow bone highlight.

I used Rimmel Soft Kohl liner in white on my waterliner and lower lashline pulling it outwards around the outer edge of the lashline to give a more highlighted effect. I also worked it around my tear duct. I topped this with MAC Naked pigment. I didn’t want very defined lashes so I put on a coat of mascara without curling my lashes.

This is obviously not a very complicated look but I always get compliments on days I wear it because it’s the kind of look that makes you look very radiant.

What’s your go to products for an ethereal look?

Categories: EOTD, May FOTD Challenge

8 Comments on “EOTD Challenge: Ethereal”

1. May 6, 2011 at 1:30 PM #

Beautiful! I didn't have time to do this one, but I think I would have aimed for something along the lines of what you went with. I think the beauty of your look is the simplicity. Gorgeous

2. May 6, 2011 at 1:31 PM #

This looks so pretty, you have definitely captured the ethereal look! Stunning x

3. May 6, 2011 at 1:36 PM #

Lovely! you are glowing xoxo

4. May 6, 2011 at 3:48 PM #

I like it a lot! I have never really tried out a look like this, so I might have to now! 🙂 That becca highlighter is GORGEOUS!!

5. May 6, 2011 at 9:57 PM #

Very pretty look! love the highlight on the cheeks!

6. May 6, 2011 at 11:38 PM #

Very pretty!

7. May 7, 2011 at 12:04 AM #

So pretty. I love the sheen. Have you received your contest prize yet? I hope so. xxAlicia

8. May 7, 2011 at 1:52 AM #

Wow thanks for all the lovely comments guys! I wasn't expecting any but I really appreciate all the love :DAlicia: Yes I did receive it! I emailed you last week at your contests email addy. Thanks again alicia! I'll have to post up a review/EOTD with it soon 🙂