Promspiration: Solid Gold EOTD

For my next prom makeup look I decided to go a little bit diva and that’s mainly because I used these animal print bangles as inspiration πŸ˜€

I decided to stay away from black for this look and stuck with golds and browns. The colours I used are swatched below. From left to right they are the Milani Liquif’eye pencil in gold, a gold loose pigment by Loreal, a chocolate brown Barry M Dazzle Dust (#53), NYX Ultra Pearl Mania pigment in Nude Pearl, Milani Liquif’eye pencil in brown and a Savvy by DB liquid liner in dark brown.

I stuck with my originial idea of using drug store brands so that the looks aren’t too expensive to recreate. Here’s the look:

What I used:
I primed my lids using Too Faced Shadow Insurance
I used Milani Liquif’eye pencil in Gold all over the lid just up to the crease as a base and all along the bottom lashline
I then applied a Loreal gold loose shadow (I don’t know the name) all over the lid just up to the crease
I then applied Barry M Dazzle Dust #53 on the outer third of my lid and into the crease and then brought it down on to the outer third of my bottom lashline. I applied the brown with the same brush I used with the gold shadow so that the blending was more seamless and so that the brown would take on a gold tinge.
I used the NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Nude Pearl on the inner part of the lid and around the tear duct.
I lined my top lashline with a Savvy by DB liquid liner in Dark Brown.
I curled my lashes and applied Covergirl Lashblast Fusion mascara to the top lashes.
I applied Ardell Wispies false lashes.
I finished up by applying Milani Liquif’eye pencil in Dark Brown.

I love this kind of gold look because it looks great on pretty much every skin tone. I love these colours especially on women of colour because the golds pop against these skin tones. I also love golds on blue eyed girls because they make blue eyes look bluer. If you’re very fair and have a cooler skin tone you’ll have to find a gold that doesn’t lean too warm because it can be unflattering.

Categories: EOTD, Prom makeup

7 Comments on “Promspiration: Solid Gold EOTD”

1. April 27, 2011 at 12:18 PM #

Great look! Very elegant indeed πŸ™‚

2. April 27, 2011 at 12:21 PM #

VERY pretty :)What kind of lip would you pair this look with?

3. April 27, 2011 at 1:03 PM #

oh my gosh! your eyeshadow ideas are awesome! i always look to you when i want to try something different! you actually gave me the idea for my prom make-up! thank you so much!www.so–hi.blogspot.com

4. April 27, 2011 at 1:48 PM #

You can never go wrong with a good gold eye, super pretty.

5. April 28, 2011 at 1:10 AM #

dempss01: Thank you! Phew, I was afraid the look came across tacky but glad you don't think so!Ki: Thanks! Hmmm, well I'm a bit unadventurous and stick with the whole 'bold lips or bold eye' thing. When I wear something this diva-like I usually pair it with a natural (as opposed to nude) lip colour or just stick with something really sheer that just gives a bit of shine to my lips.If you're more adventurous, I've seen similar looks paired with dark or red lips and even though it can be OTT, I've seen girls pull it off.Rach: Yay! Glad I could help! I was hoping you hadn't had your prom yet since you requested prom makeup ideas like a month ago! What look are you going with? You should definitely post up an EOTD from your prom :)Mudarling: My sentiments exactly! Thanks for commenting πŸ™‚

6. April 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM #

I think I am going to go with that turquoise one you did right before this, but I am going to exchange the turquoise for pink. And I'll be sure to post it up! πŸ™‚

7. April 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM #

Rach: That sounds awesome and really different as well! Everyone uses blues, greens and purples but I haven't seen something like this paired with pink before. I can't wait to see your pics! I hope you have an awesome night πŸ™‚