St Patrick’s Day Green EOTD

It’s St Patrick’s Day on the 17th of March so I thought I’d do a green EOTD. I bought a loose eyeshadow quad from the brand Chi Chi for halloween last year and really haven’t used it since so I thought I’d pull it out for this look. The colours include 3 shades of green as well as a gold. Here are the swatches. You can just substitute with greens of your choice.

Here’s the look I ended up with:

To get this look I used:
MAC Cashflow Paint Pot (gold) all over the lid and up to the crease
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Rocky Mountain Green (grass green) all over the lid and up to the crease and along the bottom lashline
The mid tone green from the Chi Chi quad all over the lid up to the crease concentrating the colour mainly on the middle of the lid. I also used this colour along the bottom lashline
The darkest green on the outer v and into the crease
MAC Carbon eye shadow (black) to darken the outer v and crease
The lightest green eye shadow on the inner corner of the lid
The gold eyeshadow around the tear duct
Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye liner in Black along the top lashline
Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara on top and bottom lashes

This is a whole lot of green but it’s really wearable and an easy way to rock some green on St Patrick’s Day if green clothing isn’t your thing. Will you be wearing green eye makeup this St Patrick’s day?

Categories: eye, how to

11 Comments on “St Patrick’s Day Green EOTD”

1. March 14, 2011 at 3:04 AM #

This is gorgeous! Especially with your skin tone!

2. March 15, 2011 at 6:18 AM #

wow this look is amazing!

3. March 15, 2011 at 10:05 PM #

That literally took my breath away, so so beautiful! I will practise this tonight and hopefully will rock it on St Pats day. Thanks for the inspiration!Emma

4. March 15, 2011 at 11:15 PM #

Emily: Thank you! I've been on a major blue kick lately so this has reminded me I should really start using more of my greens :)Shirley: Thanks so much :)Emma: You're welcome! You should post up an EOTD if you end up wearing it 🙂

5. March 16, 2011 at 8:50 PM #

I just did my st. patrick's day look but my eye pictures are never like yours.. I am starting to think my eyelids are too wrinkly :(Any good tips???

6. March 16, 2011 at 10:31 PM #

this is SO SO SO beautiful! thank you so much for posting! everytime i log on to blogger and i see on the dashboard that you have just posted something i have to look at it right away! you are so inspirational and i thank you so much for posting! if you could check out my blog and give me some of your opinions i would love it. :)keep posting!www.so–hi.blogspot.com

7. March 16, 2011 at 11:45 PM #

wow wow, it's so very pretty! shimmery, gorgeous, green, great blending…love it!Vonniehttp://www.socialitedreams.com/

8. March 17, 2011 at 12:17 AM #

Alicia: I'm guessing you haven't posted them yet because I couldn't find them on your blog. As for photo tips, I have hooded eyes (i think you do too from the pics I've seen) so I usually have to raise my eyebrows a bit so my eyelids stertch out a bit (sorry that sounds weird) so the picture shows my eyeshadows properly. You tend to take full face shots though so it may look a bit strange if you have your eyebrows raised too much :DAs for your eyelids, you can't help any natural creases you may have and your eyeshadow always looks blended and that's the important thing 🙂 I hope you post up your EOTD because I can't wait to see it!Rach: Thanks so much for the lovely comment. I really appreciate it! I'll definitely go check out your blog :)Vonnie: Thanks so much! Will you be wearing green eyeshadow on St Patricks day?

9. March 17, 2011 at 8:05 PM #

Gorgeous! 🙂

10. March 21, 2011 at 10:59 PM #

Thanks Ki 🙂

11. March 2, 2012 at 7:46 AM #

I found your article on St Patricks Day very informative and helpful, thanks for sharing this information. All about St Patricks Day