Leighton Meester inspired gold liner EOTD

Hello! I feel like I’ve been MIA for a while but it’s actually only been about a week and a half. I started a placement that has full time hours and I’ve found the adjustment from studying to working harder than I thought! I’m starting to get into the groove now so hopefully I’ll be posting more. I also have plenty of catching up to do on my blog reading so I apologise if any of you with blogs end up with comments on posts you wrote more than a week ago πŸ™‚

Anyway, I came across this picture of Leighton Meester rocking a really 80’s eye with some gold liner and even though the eyeshadow was a bit too messy for my liking, I really loved the contrast of the gold and the purple.

I gave it a go and here was my result. I toned the look down quite a lot and the colour I used was more of a very blue toned purple than the one that she’s wearing. I can’t remember everything I used but the eyeshadow I used all over the lid was Sugarpill Weekender loose shadow and the gold liner is actually Sugarpill Goldilux loose pigment. I applied it wet using my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Transforming Potion.

I love how intense this gold is and I’ve been wearing it out a lot lately as a liner and have been getting lots of compliments on it. I think it’s a nice change from the dark brown and black liner I usually wear and is perfect for autumn. The only annoying thing is that I find that after a while the gold transfers to above my crease. Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? When I want a more subtle look I’ve been pairing the gold with either MAC Sumptuous Olive or Henna on the lid. Both of these eyeshadows are very similar in colour and are a gorgeous olive green with a strong gold tone.

How do you feel about the gold liner? Would you wear it?

Categories: EOTD

7 Comments on “Leighton Meester inspired gold liner EOTD”

1. March 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM #

you make me want to go out and buy a gold liner! I've been lemming one Illamasqua one.I love this look

2. March 2, 2011 at 1:06 PM #

I love wearing gold liner! It really opens up the eye and looks super pretty πŸ™‚

3. March 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM #

Jen W: Thanks πŸ™‚ Are you talking about the Precision Ink liner in Alchemy because I've been lusting after that one too! It looks amazing! Let me know how you feel about it if you get it :DKi: I don't think I'll ever get sick of gold! It goes with (almost)everything and it instantly makes you look like you've made more effort than you have πŸ™‚

4. March 2, 2011 at 4:06 PM #

This looks awesome! I always get excited for your makeup looks and I am always impressed. xxAlicia

5. March 3, 2011 at 12:43 AM #

Alicia: Thanks Alicia! you always leave me really lovely comments πŸ™‚

6. March 11, 2011 at 6:45 PM #

This is really pretty! I love gold and purple together, and I especially love gold liner ^_^

7. March 11, 2011 at 11:07 PM #

Thanks! Gold looks amazing with purples and blues but wearing it as a liner is definitely my new favourite look πŸ™‚