Rihanna Inspired Sparkly White Look

As some of you may know, Alicia over at Funny Face Beauty is running a red carpet makeup competition where you choose a celebrity red carpet look and use it as inspiration for your own look. I think it sounds like so much fun and it’s such a great idea for a competition! I’ve been searching for some red carpet inspiration and I found some pictures of Rihanna at the 2010 Grammy’s. Her look was a really shimmery white eye with very long false lashes.

I felt like recreating the look because it’s really pretty plus I wanted to use my MAC Reflects Pearl glitter. It was a really fun look to do but I haven’t decided yet whether I’m going to redo it and send it in as my entry or whether I’m going to try out a different look.

The main things I used to get this look was NYX Milk Jumbo eye pencil as a base and then a mixture of Sugarpill Tako eyeshadow and a shimmery white pigment called Merengue by Benefit. I used some NARS Copacabana multiple on the brow bone, topped it with the Merengue pigment and then patted on some Reflects Pearl. The lashes I used here are the Ardell Wispies

Categories: eye

8 Comments on “Rihanna Inspired Sparkly White Look”

1. February 16, 2011 at 4:30 PM #

I LOVE this! Gorgeous and classy xx

2. February 16, 2011 at 6:55 PM #

OMG!!! That is SOOOO, SOOO beautiful!! You should totally submit this look. It's so pretty and unique!! I just love it!! Good luck! I haven't decided on a look yet, but I'd better get practicing hehe 🙂

3. February 16, 2011 at 8:34 PM #

That looks gorgeous, I love the shimmery white! It's definitely entry-worthy but would be good to see other looks you recreate. Lilitxo

4. February 17, 2011 at 12:15 AM #

Naomi: Thanks! It's definitely a lovely look and I really love that you can easily tone it down by getting rid of the crazy long false lashes :)Aseya: Thank you 😀 I can't wait to see yours! I think the hardest thing is choosing just one look because there are so many gorgeous red carpet looks I adore!Lilit: Thanks 🙂 I've never actually worn a shimmery white look before but I was surprised by how lovely it looks. I can definitely see myself trying out something similar for a night out. I've got so many red carpet inspiration looks saved that I can see myself trying to recreate looks long after the competition is over 😀

5. February 17, 2011 at 12:35 AM #

This is so gorgeous. I can't wait to see if you submit this or something else. I really think you are incredibly talented! xxAlicia

6. February 17, 2011 at 5:58 AM #

Thanks Alicia 🙂 I still can't decide because there's so many great looks to choose from! I can't wait to see everyone's looks!

7. February 18, 2011 at 4:17 AM #

Ooo I love this eye look! Simple but sexy.You do great eye looks :)Oh, sorry to hear Bobbi Brown Corrector didnt work for you. I would like to LM concealer one day! xo

8. February 18, 2011 at 1:46 PM #

PopBlush: Thank you 🙂 It is so simple to do but I just wish I'd used a better base because the NYX Jumbo pencils on their own crease like crazy! The Laura Mercier line has really surprised me and the more I try from it the more I love. It's definitely worth checking out 🙂