MAC Bronze eyeshadow smokey look

I recently bought MAC Bronze eyeshadow but I haven’t really used it much so I though I’d try out an EOTD with it. I decided to go for a smokey bronze look by layering it over MAC Blackground paint pot. If you don’t have this paint pot and you love a good smokey eye then I seriously recommend you get it because it’s the perfect smokey base. It doesn’t go on super opaque at first so you can get a really subtle look with it or you can build it up for intensity.

What I used:
NARS concealer duo in Praline/Toffee all over the lid and under the eye
MAC Blackground Paint Pot on the lid and blended just up to the crease
MAC Bronze eyeshadow all over the lid
Inglot black eyeshadow (sorry don’t know the exact name!) blended in outer v and into the crease
Milani Liquif’Eye pencil in black to line top lashline and bottom waterline
MAC Naked pigment around tear duct
I also brought some of the Blackground paint pot along the bottom lashline and then went over that with more Bronze eyeshadow

Hope you like the look! Leave me a comment below about what you pair MAC Bronze eyeshadow with.

Categories: eye, how to, MAC, smokey eye

6 Comments on “MAC Bronze eyeshadow smokey look”

1. February 11, 2011 at 2:44 PM #

pretty!I would pair mine with a matte brown!

2. February 11, 2011 at 6:07 PM #

That is gorgeous! I really love it, I'm a big fan of bronzed, smokey eyes. I think they're sexy, but in a confident, grown up kind of way. I don't have blackground. I usually just use my Blacktrack paint pot as a base. Would you recommend Blackground over that?

3. February 11, 2011 at 10:01 PM #

Jennifer: Thanks 🙂 I've only tried this with black so far but a matte brown sounds lovely!Aseya: Thanks! Bronze smokey eyes are lovely and also so much more wearable than a black one because they're not as intense. I have both and while I have used blacktrack as a base I honestly prefer Blackground. I feel like my fluidline is a bit harder to blend out and goes on quite dark whereas the paint pot is more of a dark smokey grey that has this really lovely silvery shimmer through it. I like having more of a sheer wash of dark grey across my lids as a base for smokey eyes as opposed to black so I guess it depends how intense you like your base. Either way I think it's definitely worth checking out.

4. February 12, 2011 at 7:32 AM #